2009年2月26日 星期四

studioclassroom_20090219

Agatha Christie

be curious about something

dame -> the title gives somebody
wamon -> dame


dame -> wamon

And many readers count Dame Agatha Christe among their favorite authors.
= is included or considered
= Dame Agatha Christe is one of their favorite authors.

count-> to include or considered

The subject + counts + something or someone +among their favorite...
eg: Many movie buffs count Casablanca among thier favorite movies.



stage fright -> very afraid in front of many people

career
eg: Mark has chosen business as his career.

detectijve adj
eg: By the endo fo the detective novel, I will find out who stole the money.

publisher n
eg: I hope I can find a publisher for my book. I want everyone to read it.

Hercule Poirot 赫丘里·波洛(Hercule Poirot),阿加莎·克里斯蒂筆下兩大名探之一


crime
criminal

felony => very serious criminal 重罪
felon 重刑犯

capital punishment 死刑
=> death penalty

corporal punishment 體罰

misdemeanor 輕罪

沒有留言:

張貼留言