2010年2月1日 星期一

20100130 A New Semester (1)

A New Semester

I am ready to catch the ball.


Watching the crystal ball drop and the people count down on New Year's Eve, I realized my Christmas break was ending. A couple of days later, I flew back to Los Angles. Although I was more familiar with the school's environment, the tensions of starting a new semester still held me in a death grip. Like last semester, I chose all my classes but soon realized that some weren't suitable. Fortunately, in American universities, students can change all their classes within the first few weeks. So I dropped and then added some classes.

I am determined that difficulties won't stop me. I will be stronger and sturdier as I go through challenging times - this is the belief that holds me. I take these challenges as a way to improve myself. I have evaluated myself over and over to see whether I have improved. I want to show my friends and family back home that I have grown, so I need to push myself harder. I want to test my limits. I am ready. Even though this semester is going to be hard, my every step is stronger and sturdier.


count down 倒數
eg: All the spectators counted down together before the spacecraft launched.
eg: We were counting down the days until the prom(畢業舞會).

drop v. 退選某個課程
eg: I found that French 201 is way too difficult for me, so I dropped it.

add v. 加選某個課程
eg: Sherry decided to add Economy 101 to her class schedule.

sturdy adj. 堅強的,剛毅的;堅決的;堅固
eg: He's a sturdy fighter who can beat the disease.
eg: a sturdy chair ideal for kids
=> 適合小朋友的堅固耐用的椅子.
eg: She had no problem climbing the mountain thanks to her sturdy boots.

沒有留言:

張貼留言