2010年3月22日 星期一

20100320 Ready to Date (2)

Ready to Date?

George: Are you sure you want to start dating this guy?
If things don't work out, you could ruin good friendship.
Leah: We're not going out yet. He just asked me to a party, and I agree to go.
Besides it's so awkward to go by yourself.
George: Well, it sounds like a date – and dating can easily lead to a romantic relationship.
Leah: Honestly, l'd like that. I like Andy, and dating is a great way to learn more about the opposite sex.

George: True, but you could get your heart broken. And as your older brother, I would hate to see that.
George, even if we do break up, I'll still learn from the experience.
Besides Andy isn't a player. I think it could potentially work out.
George: OK… but what if you go to different colleges?
Leah: I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I just want to have fun.
George: That sounds innocent enough, but do you know the kind of fun most boys have on their minds?
Leah: Oh, brother, I'm not that naive. Don't worry – I’ll be careful.
George: I hope so. I just want to protect my little sister.





go out with somebody 和異性交往
eg: Elliot and Jasmine have been going out for over a year. They're thinking about getting engaged.
eg: The couple started going out after they graduated from high school.

awkward adj. 尷尬的/不合宜的
eg: It would be awkward if I call my boss directly.
=> 如果我直接打電話給老板,會很不恰當。
eg: He seemed a little bit awkward when I talked to him.
=> 當我與他談話時,他好像有點不自在。

awkward adj. 奇怪的
eg: He stood in an awkward position.
=> 他的站姿很奇怪.

naive adj. 天真的/容易輕信別人的
eg: She was so naive to believe the con man(騙子).
eg: It was naive of you to think your proposal would be accepted immediately.



//== Chat room ==//

break up 男女朋友分手
=> 雙方的共識覺得兩個人在一起不合適

split up 離婚/分手
=> 通常用來表示離婚

dump v. 傾倒/拋棄
=> 一方覺得不合適要分手則為dump

dump the garbage 倒垃圾

沒有留言:

張貼留言