2010年10月12日 星期二

20101012 The Interview (2)

The Interview


My second interview took place on the company's campus a couple of days later. On the day of the interview, I arrived early, found the right building, and cleared my thoughts before I went in. The interview was an hour long and was more of a behavior interview. The hiring manager wanted to learn about my personality and working style. We clicked in the second-round interview, and I felt quite confident going into the last interview. My third-round interview lasted half a day and was conducted by five people from the hiring department.

I had to answer all kinds of questions, even some that didn't pertain to the job! One person asked me a brainteaser question. Another asked me a math question, and luckily that's one of my strengths. I wasn't sure if I satisfied every interviewer. However, I tried to just be myself and prove that I was the right fit for the position.I was thrilled to receive the offer letter a couple of weeks later - the job was mine!



click v. 一見如故/一拍即合
=> make some kind of connection
eg: Josh and Samuel totally clicked the first time they met. They became best friends at once.
=> Josh和Samuel第一次見面就完全一見如故,他們立刻成為最要好的朋友
eg: Wilma and Tanya didn't click at first, but they slowly realized that they made a good team.
=> Wilma和Tanya一開始並沒有很和得來,但是她們慢慢地了解她們是非常好的團隊

conduct v. 執行
=> done/organized
eg: The project was conducted by one of the top construction companies in the country.
=> 這個案子是由國內最頂尖的建設公司之一所執行的
eg: The experiment was conducted in the Boston Unviersity's science lab.
=> 這個實驗在波士頓大學的科學實驗室中所進行的

pertain v. 相關/有關
pertain to ... 和...有關
eg: We'll only be discussing issues that pertain to our topic today.
=> 我們只會討論和今天主題有關的議題
eg: The writer's latest article pertains to racism has caused a lot of controversy.
=> 這個作家最新的關於種族歧視的文章引起許多的爭議




campus n. 校園/校區

brainteaser n. 難題/謎

thrilled
=> happy/pleased/exciting





//== Chat room ==//

interviewer n. 面試官/採訪者
interviewee n. 被面試的人/受訪者

employ v. 雇用
employee n. 被顧用的人;員工

train v. 受訓
trainee n. 受訓者

exam v. 考試
examinee n. 接受考試的人

murder v. 謀殺
murderer n. 謀殺犯/兇手
murderee (X) 沒這個字


//== Grammar on the Go ==//

I tried to just be myself and prove that I was the right fit for the position.

the right fit
=> have the right quality that is needed for the position

eg: Terrence has trouble working with others, so I don't think he is the right fit for the job as manager.
eg: Greg is the right fit for the assignment because he has had many years of experience.
eg: I think Brent is the right fit for Claire; they have many similar interests and really get along well.

==================


fit n.
=> having the right shape or size to cover something in an exact way
eg: The fit of this jacket isn't right; It's too small.

沒有留言:

張貼留言