2010年10月20日 星期三

20101020 How Sick Are You (1)

How Sick Are You

Barbara and Tammy are roommates. Barbara isn't feeling well this morning. Should she still go to work?

Conversation A (in the kitchen)

Tammy: Good morning, Barbara. Do you want some coffee?

Barbara: Yes, please. I didn't sleep well last night.

Tammy: Why?

Barbara: I kept coughing. And my throat is rally sore. It's been sore for two days now.

Tammy: Do you have a fever? Barbara: No. But I feel lousy.

Barbara: Why don't you stay home, when you sick you should stay home or visit a doctor?

Tammy: I think you should. I can't, I have a lot of stuffs (many work, too much)to do, if I stay home, I'll never get caught up. So, you are going to work and share your germs to any one.

Barbara: I am not that sick.

Tammy: You are not that well either. you need to rest to fight the infection.

Barbara: I will be fine, I will go to bed as soon as I get home from work.

Tammy: If you don't feel good you won't able be concentrate on work, you really won't get very much down.

Barbara: But I will get something done, and I am able to answer people questions. I have to go, otherwise, others won't able to get their jobs done.


germ n. 細菌
eg: Avoid germs by always washing your hands before you eat.
=> 為了避免有細菌,在您吃之前總是要洗手。
eg: Alcohol kills most household germs.
=> 酒精可以殺死家中多?細菌。

virus n. 病毒

infect v.感染
infection n. 感染/傳染病
eg: They finally got the infection under control after the classroom was sterilized thoroughly.
=> 教室徹底消毒過後,他們最後終於控制住傳染。
eg: The infection of the wound got worse and the patient needed to be hospitalized immediately.
=> 傷口的傳染變得很嚴重患者必要立刻住醫院。

otherwise adv. 否則/不然
eg: You'd better finish your homework; otherwise, you're not going anywhere.
=> 您最好寫完您的家庭作業; 否則你那裡都別去。
eg: I hope the weather get better; otherwise, our camping trip will be cancelled.
=> 我希望天氣會變好; 否則我們的露營將被取消。

沒有留言:

張貼留言