2010年12月20日 星期一

20101220 Employee Wellness (1)

Employee Wellness
Keeping employees healthy is a priority for my company

People are the most important asset of my company, so we are well taken care of. Many wellness events held throughout the year help employees maintain a healthy lifestyle because prevention is the best medicine. On campus, many services are available for a reasonable price. These include heart screening, flu shot clinic, on-site dietitian, weight management center, and a massage and fitness center. These on-site services make it convenient for employees to attend to these things instead of postponing or ignoring them.

I personally like the one-site flu shot clinic as it saves me a trip to the hospital. I always prompt my coworkers to get their flu shots on time. I don't want them to get sick because I spend a lot of hours working with them every day.

Other interesting yearly events such as "Bike to Work Day" and "Walk During Lunch Day" invite employees to get a taste of a healthier lifestyle. These events also include prizes as an incentive to encourage everyone to get out of their chairs and participate.






pre- 提前
prevention n. 預防
eg: The research is aimed at cancer prevention.
=> 這個研究的目標在於癌症的防治
eg: The government spent a lot of its budget on a new crime prevention program, unfortunately, the program didn't have the effect they desired.
=> 政府花了須多預算在犯罪防治計畫,但不幸的並沒有達到預期的效果

site n. 地點
on-site adj. 現場的/駐廠的/駐校的
eg: Our school has an on-site nurse in our health center.
=> 我們學校健康中心有一位住校的護士
eg: The army set up an on-site medical treatment center right outside the collapsed buildings.
=> 軍隊在塌陷的建築物外面設置了現場的醫療中心

incentive n. 鼓勵/激勵
eg: Little kids love incentives like stickers or stamps.
=> 小小孩喜歡貼紙或印章等等的獎勵品
eg: Tim's boss promised him a big bonus as an incentive to win the case.
=> 老闆承諾要給Tim很多的紅利當作這場官司的獎勵
eg: The supervisor offered cash incentives to encourage their staff to work overtime.
=> 上司提供現金的獎勵鼓勵員工們加班



//== Chat room ==//

get a taste of a healthier lifestyle
=> 這裡的taste意思為滋味/經驗

get a taste 嘗試
=> try it out
get a taste of something-嘗試去做某件事。



taste 品味/鑑賞力
=> refer to someone's judgement
eg: a man of taste 很有品味的人



leave a bad taste in your mouth 留下不好的回憶
=> 留下不好的回憶,如同吃了苦的藥,感覺不好受



//== Grammar on the go ==//

I personally like the on-site flu shot clinic as it saves me a trip to the hospital.

to save someone a trip
=> to keep from having to make a trip

eg: If you help me turn in this report, it would save me a trip to the teacher's office.
eg: I could have asked you to get something for me from the supermarket and save myself a trip.


2 則留言:

  1. on-site adj. 現場的/住場的/住校的
    我覺得駐廠的/駐校的比較正確

    回覆刪除
  2. 認同你,我沒選對字~
    感謝你的提醒。

    回覆刪除